|Search results - "concrete"
12'x24' Storage Shed Framing Illustration with Building Material List6814 viewsStorage Shed Building Material List
- Framing for a 12'x24' Storage Shed -
Shed Wall Framing
21 - 4x8 Wall Sheeting
6 - 2x4 Bottom Plates - Treated for Concrete -
12 - 2x4 Top Plates
3 - 2x10x10 - Optional - Solid Header Material
14 - 4x8 Sheeting
11 - 12' Trusses
2 - Gable Trusses *
4 - 14' 2x6 Fascia
4 - 2x6x8 Gable Fascia *
* Gable Length may Vary Pending on Your Overhang Size - 8 - 12" Gable Overhang Figured
* Add Floor Framing as needed - Framing Materials are Estimated with a Concrete Floor
* Trusses may be hand framed or changed to rafters. If trusses you are building - Scrap Sheeting makes nice gussets.
For rafters - Add two 14' 2x8's Ridge Board, 30 2x6x8 Rafters, and 20 2x4x925/8 for Collar Ties and Bracing.
Sheeting Nails or Staples
If no Anchor Bolts in the foundation wall add 18 1/2" x 6" cement anchors.
* Verify sizes and materials with your local building inspector and obtain proper building permits.
14'x20' Shed Wall Framing Materials3815 views14'x20' Storage Shed Wall Framing Materials
Nails or Nail Gun Fasteners
- 3" for framing
- 2" (approximately) For wall sheathing or 1 1/2" Gun Staples
* 72 Pre-cut Studs
4 - 14' Top Plates
8 - 10' Top Plates
21 - Sheets - 4 x 8 - O.S.B. plywood sheathing - Walls
Bottom Plates -Treated Materials If on Concrete
2 - 14'
4 - 10' or equivalent
- Tip - Purchase an extra bottom plate because treated materials often are bad.
16 sheets - 4 x 8 - O.S.B. or plywood sheathing for Roof
24 H or Roof Plywood Clips
9 - 14' Gambrel Trusses
2 - 14' Gambrel Gable Trusses = 11 Total
10 - 2 x 6 x 8 - Gable Fascia and Look Out Blocks
6 - 2 x 6 x 12 - Fascia and Truss Diagonal Bracing
3 - 2 x 10 x 8 - Recommended Option for Doorway & Windows Header
Pole Barn Building 30'x40' Garage Floor Plan Design2989 viewsPole Barn Building Garage Floor Plan Design with three 36"x36" windows, 36" R.H. entry door, and two 14'x7' garage doors. The dashed lines represent the gable roof showing a 12" roof overhang and a 6" gable overhang distance. To the right we see a 11'x37' concrete approach.